1) 500 gram plain flour
2) ½ tsp turmeric powder
3) 1 egg
5) 2 cups plain water
B - FILLING: You can keep this filling for other recipes such as roti john, instant mertabak (sandwich bread) etc.
1) 500g minced meat
2) 1 garlic (pounded)
3) 1/2 cm ginger (pounded)
4) 1 tbsp curry powder
5) 1 tbsp dry prawns (pounded)
6) salt & anchovies stock powder
C - Garnishing:
1) Red chilies - removed seeds, finely shredded
2) Spring onion leaves - finely shredded
Brass Baulu mould
1. Used blender to blend ingredients 'A' with water, pour in 1 cup then little by little to form batter until creamy smoothy. Strain batter and put aside.
2. Heat oil in a saucepan, fry onion and garlic until fragrant arise. Add curry powder and minced meat. Fried meat until cooked and dry.
3. Lightly grease the baulu moulds with corn oil and place them in a preheated oven at 250°C.
4. Spoon just enough batter into the preheated moulds. Covered mould and bake for 2 mins.
5. Used tea spoon to place the filling in the center batter. Covered mould and cook until batter fully cooked or turn light brown then garnish with shredded chillies and spring onion leaves.
6. Serve hot.