Ingredients A (bottom layer):
1) 300g glutinous rice or pulut, washed and soaked for 4 hours
2) 280ml coconut milk from 200g coconut
3) 1/2 tsp salt
4) 3 pandan leaves
For top layer:
1) 2 eggs
2) 100g granulated sugar
3) 150ml coconut milk from 100g coconut
4) 1 tbsp thick pandan juice
5) 2 pandan leaves
6) 2.5 tbsp plain flour
7) drops of green coloring
8) pinch of salt
1) Drain pulut.
2) Grease inside 17cm round steaming tray with cooking oil or margarine(to avoid sticking to the tray).
3) Pour the ingredients A on to the steaming tray. Top with pandan leaves.
4) Steam for 25 minutes or till cooked.
5) Remove pandan leaves. Stir, then press it firm. Steam for another 5 minutes.
6) Mix eggs, sugar, coconut milk(santan)and pandan juice and leaves until sugar dissolves. Add all the other ingredients and stir well until smooth then strain to avoid lumpy flour.
7) Pour on to pulut and steam for 10-15 minutes or till cooked.
8) Open cover to remove excess steam.
9) Leave to cool before cutting.
To avoid access steam from dripping, covered the steamer's lid with big towel.