After looking at Dani Spies' Quinoa (pronounced as Keen-wa) recipes over and over again, I finally got my lazy bum off the computer chair and tried creating my own quinoa dish. For those who do not know what Quinoa is, Dani Spies does a great job explaining it on danispies.com. This "Keep it Lean & Quin-oa" dish is protein to the max. You got the quinoa, the turkey, and the tofu! The cumin and sesame oil really sets this dish to a whole nother level.
1. Bring quinoa and 1 cup water to a boil. Then let it simmer on low heat until quinoa is translucent and a white rim is around it. All the liquid should be absorbed.
2. While you get the quinoa going, take the turkey out of the casings. Set aside.
3. Dice the tofu into small bite size.
4. Cook the turkey on a med-high nonstick pan. Break it up into bite size pieces. Add cumin and garlic. Stir.
5. Add tofu to the pan of turkey. Stir by pushing, not flipping so you don't crush and mash up the tofu. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the sesame oil. Stir some more. Turn the pan to med-low heat and let it simmer and get happy.
6. When the quinoa is done, add it to the pan and mix the goodness together. Turn off the heat and mix in the cilantro.
Note** This serves 3-4 people. You can make this and separate it in microwave containers and freeze or fridge it for the rest of the week!