God, another Filipino comfort food. I love my kare kare, and I usually put more omasum/tripe than there needs to be! You can, as usual, use a boiling method (for a while). This recipe uses a pressure cooker.
If you want the sauce more peanut-ey, add more peanut butter by all means. You can freeze and eat later. (Not a good idea to refrigerate for a few days b/c it gets spoiled so easily.)
- In a pressure cooker, put the 6 c of water, pork hocks and tripe with peppercorns and onion. Add some salt as well and pressure cook for about an hour and a half or until tender.
- Take the other onion and garlic and "gisa" (stirfry) it with the shrimp paste.
- After pressure cooker, strain the liquid and keep it. Remove peppercorns.
- Put the stirfried onions and garlic back with the meat. Add the vegetables and add about 1 cup of water. (It should've evaporated a bit during cooking process.)
- Simmer until veggies are tender. Add the peanut butter and simmer some more.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with rice and some shrimp paste.