- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 small wedge of kabocha (or any squash you fancy), sliced into 0.5 cm thickness
- a handful of baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- a handful of pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
Easy lunchbox food and rather healthy too. You can use any squash you like, but I prefer kabocha as it cooks quickly and its green skin is edible, so no peeling.
1. Heat oil in wok and add the garlic. Stir-fry until the garlic has flavoured the oil.
2. Add the pumpkin and continue cooking until it’s almost cooked through.
3. Add rice and stir-fry to separate grains.
4. Flavour with soy sauce and pepper.
5. Add spinach leaves and pine nuts and mix well. The leaves wilt very quickly so remove from heat promptly.