(makes 6 servings, can be halved or doubled)
THESE ARE VOLUMES FOR ~HOT~ JERK SAUCE!! decrease accordingly
- 2 tsp ground allspice
- 6 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 tbs chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tbs dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 chopped and seeded small jalapeno
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 C olive oil
- 1/3 C sliced green onion
- 1/4 C red wine vinegar
- Juice of one lime (2 tbs)
1. combine sauce incredients in blender and whirl until smooth
2. place chicken peices (one 3-4lb broiler cut up or equiv) in nonaluminum pan and rub with marinade and gently push up under skin.
3. cover and refrigerate 2hrs
4. spread peices in broiler proof pan in single layer and bake for 35min at 400F.
5. raise temp to broil for 4-5min until lightly crisped.