This is inari sushi the way I like it.
I add furikake for a kick, but you can omit that.
This makes about 14. Adjust recipe to make more. :D
- Prepare your rice with putting the dashi in with the water. After rice is cooked, add sushi vinegar. Set aside to cool.
- Boil the deep fried tofu for a few minutes. Remove, drain and pat dry. Cut the tofu into halves.
- Boil the tofu again in sweet mixture, then let it simmer for a bit. Let it sit there for a while (overnight if best) then drain, pat dry.
- Mix in furikake in rice if you are using. Take rice with spoon and stuff each tofu pouch with rice mixture.
- Cool and serve or serve immediately.