1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp grated lemon zest
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1-2 tbsp poppy seeds
1 cup confectioner's (powdered) sugar
2 tbsp lemon juice
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream softened butter and sugar together.
3) Add beaten egg and lemon zest.
4) Sift together dry ingredients and slowly add to creamed mixture.
5) Add poppy seeds.
6) Drop dough (about 1 tbsp) onto ungreased baking sheets, about 2 inches apart
7) Bake 11-13 minutes or until edges are golden.
1) Mix powdered sugar and lemon juice.
2) Drizzle Jackson Pollock-style over cooled cookies :)