1. Preheat oven to 160°C.
2. Grease a large cake tin.
3. Combine the flour, sugar, coconut, walnuts, bicarb soda, cinnamon and cardamom in a large bowl.
4. Mash the banana in a separate bowl and add to the mixture along with the pineapple, eggs and oil. Stir the mixture until combined.
5. Pour the mixture into the greased cake tin and bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centres comes out clean.
6. Set aside on tray to cool completely before icing.
1 cup (150g) sifted pure icing sugar
1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
1-1 1/2 tbs lemon juice
1. To make the icing, combine the icing sugar, rind and juice, and stir until the mixture is smooth.
2. Pour on to cake and spread with a spatula. Top with some julienned lemon rind to decorate.