- 1/2 cup warm water (105F)
- 1 cup cool water
- 4 cups all−purpose flour
- 1 tbs salt
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 2 pkgs. active dry yeast
- 4 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 6 tsp sugar
- 3 tsp dried oregano
- 4 tsp parsley flakes
- 3 tsp basil
- 1 tsp crushed dried rosemary
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- Combine yeast, 1/2 cup flour, and 1/2 cup warm water in a bowl covered with plastic wrap. Allow mixture to rise for 15 minutes. Stir to deflate.
- Seperately mix 2 cups of flour with salt, 1 cup cool water, and oil.
- Add yeast mixture.
- Mix in remaining flour.
- Knead 15 minutes on a floured surface (10 minutes in a machine) until smooth.
- Place dough in bowl dusted with flour and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise until doubled size (1 to 2 hours).
- Heat olive oil in sauce pan on medium-low.
- Remove warm oil from heat and stir in oregano, parsley, basil, rosemary, fennel seeds, red pepper, and garlic salt. Let sit for 20 seconds.
- Add tomatoes and sugar. Stir and simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes.
- If a thinner sauce is wanted, puree the entire finished product in a blender.
- For better taste leave to sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Punch down dough and roll out on a lightly floured surface.
- Lightly oil (olive) two 12" round pans. Place dough in pans and push to stretch evenly leaving a lip up against sides of pan. Let rest for 10−15 minutes.
- Spread sauce over crust and top with cheese and place desired toppings.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.