- 250g lamb shoulder or leg, in chunks
- 200g haricot beans
- 200ml hot beef or lamb stock
- 6-8 broccoli florets, halved
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- Fresh parsley
- 1 large baking potato, cut into chunks (peeled if you prefer)
- Bit of butter
- Dash of milk
- Bring the potatoes to boil in lightly salted water.
- Fry the onions in a deep saucepan, followed by the lamb.
- Add the beans and veg and mix well for about five minutes.
- Pour in the stock and slowly bring to the boil.
- Turn the heat right down, cover and leave to simmer for half an hour.
- When the potato is soft, drain and mash well with a little butter and milk.
- Stir the parsley into the stew just before serving.