- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1.5 tbsp light miso paste
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp sake
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Tiny bit of ginger, minced
- 1/2 tbsp five spice
- Sesame seeds
- Slice the chicken breasts into half, crosswise, to make flatter, thinner pieces
- Pound to uniform thickness
- Marinate with miso, soy sauce, mirin, sake, garlic, and ginger. Use your hands, don't be lazy! Rub it in and spread the miso evenly. ;)
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Best results overnight.
- Preheat grill and spray a little cooking spray
- Shake chicken well to get rid of marinade
- Grill chicken till cooked halfway up
- Flip chicken and cook till done
- Pat dry with kitchen towel to remove excess oil
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and a little five spice, cut into thin slices, and serve over salad or rice or anything. ;)
- Can also be sauted in pan (that's what I did actually, but I would have preferred using a charcoal grill)
- For a moist delicious version, use chicken breast or thigh with skin! Less healthy but more yummy..
- Skip the soy sauce and use more miso for an even healthier version.. less sodium!
- Substitute mirin and sake for any rice wine if you don't have them.
- Substitute white wine or dry sherry if you can't even get rice wine (poor you!)