- 250g beef fillet strips
- 60ml hot beef stock
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp cornflour
- Small red onion, chopped
- 4-6 broccoli florets, halved
- Small green pepper, sliced
- Sesame oil
- 150g wholegrain rice
- Fresh coriander to garnish
- Toss the beef in half of the sesame seeds.
- Add the rice to a pan of water. Bring to the boil, then cover and leave to simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Stir the stock with the soy sauce, ginger, garlic and cornflour.
- Fry the beef in sesame oil for a few minutes. Take out of the pan and set aside.
- Add a little more sesame oil to the pan and fry the onion, broccoli and pepper.
- Pour in the stock mixture and leave to simmer for about 10 minutes. Return the beef to the pan for a few more minutes.
- Divide between 2 plates, sprinkling over the rest of the sesame seeds. Garnish with coriander and serve with the steamed rice.