- 150g wholegrain rice
- 350ml water
- 100g dried apricots, chopped
- 2 tbsp flaked coconut
- 200g chopped tomatoes
- 100g tenderstem broccoli
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Rinse the rice a few times then add to a pan with the water. Bring to the boil, then turn down to simmer.
- Add in the tomatoes, coconut and garlic, leaving to simmer for a few minutes. Part cover with a lid and continue to simmer for 40-45 minutes. You may want to stir it every now and again.
- After about 25-30 minutes (when there is still a bit of water left), add in the celery and broccoli.
- In the last 5 minutes when the water has pretty much absorbed, stir in the apricots.
- Turn off the heat, and mix again well before dishing up.