2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 sticks butter, unsalted, softened
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar, separated
1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
1 3/4 cups hazelnuts, toasted, husked and finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Combine flour, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
3. In a larger bowl, use a mixer to beat butter until fluffy and creamy. Add 1 cup of powdered sugar and blend until well incorporated. Add vanilla bean paste to butter and sugar.
4. Pour half of the hazelnuts into butter mixture and stir with a large spoon. Add all of the flour and mix. Follow this with remaining hazelnuts.
4. Form 1 inch balls of dough and drop on parchment paper with 1 inch of space between each. Bake for 25 minutes or until edges turn golden brown.
5. Allow to cool 5-10 minutes. With remaining 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, roll balls on all sides until coated. Tap off excess. After they've cooled completely, roll in powedered sugar once more.