* 1 lb of ground beef or pork
* 1/8lb of raw shrimp or fish (chopped)
* 1/2 cup of diced shittake mushrooms
* 3 tbsp of soy sauce
* 1/4 tsp of salt
* 1/4 tsp of sugar
* 1/2 tsp of corn starch
* 1/8 cup of shredded ginger
* 1/8 cup of minced green onions
* 2 dashes of pepper
* 2 dashes of garlic powder
* Gyoza Wrappers (can be purchased at any asian grocery store)
Came up with this recipe since it was really quick to make for a party of about 20 starving lion dance teenagers. =]
Mix the filling ingredients together. Place a tbsp of filling into the center of a gyoza wrapper, moisten the sides with a little water and then fold in half. Press sides together to stick.
Pour 3 tbsp of cooking oil into a frying pan or wok and fry gyoza for 1 min. Then, add 1/3 cup of water and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
Mix 5 Tbsp of soy sauce and 5 tbsp of white vinegar together to create the dipping sauce. Garnish with 3 carrot flowers on the side to give it a nice presentation.