- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup white sugar, divided
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 24-26 lady finger biscuits
- 1 tbsp fine green tea (macha) powder, plus extra for dusting
- 1/2 cup water
makes one 8x8inch dish
1. To make syrup, boil water in small saucepan and dissolve 1/4 cup sugar. Remove from heat and slowly whisk into a shallow dish containing the green powder.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, beat egg yolks with vanilla and the other 1/4 cup of sugar until light yellow. Fold in the mascarpone cheese until smooth and evenly mixed.
3. Arrange biscuits in one single layer on the bottom of a 8x8 baking dish. Pour half of the green tea syrup over the biscuits and tilt the dish to soak all the biscuits.
4. Spread half the mascarpone mixture over the biscuits.
5. Dip the remaining biscuits in the syrup and arrange on top of the mascarpone mixture. Spread the remaining cheese on top.
6. Lay a piece of saran wrap directly on top of cheese to wrap tightly and chill in fridge overnight.
7. Dust with generous amount of green tea powder right before serving.