- ¼ lb shrimp, shelled & deveined
- 6 cups shredded green papaya, rinsed & drained
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup fresh mint, shredded
- 1 cup fresh Thai basil, shredded
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp fried shallots
- ¼ cup chopped roasted pistachios to garnish
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 Persian limes, juiced
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 bird’s eye chili peppers, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Vietnamese fish sauce
Boil shrimp, drain and halve lengthwise.
For the dressing, dissolve sugar in the boiling water. When sugar is dissolved completely, pour this simple syrup into a small bowl to cool. Once cool, add the lime juice, garlic, chili peppers and fish sauce and stir together.
Combine ingredients in a bowl and toss well with dressing. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes and sprinkle with chopped pistachios right before serving.