I am going back to Taiwan tomorrow.
Since I am ditching my husband and leaving him all by himself, I tried to make his life as easy as possible when I am gone. (He is a very good cook, he just gets lazy by himself)
I made a huge batch of scallion pancake dough and froze it. All he needs to do when he wants to eat a pancake is let it thaw, press it flat and pan fry it.
- Mix flour and hot water together. (Use a spatula at first, then hand mix).
- Place the dough in a warm area for at least 30 mins.
- Separate the dough into four pieces and use a rolling pin to flatten. (more flour can be added if the dough is sticky)
- Brush a little oil and sesame oil on the dough and sprinkle scallions and salt evenly.
- Roll the dough until long. Wrap this long piece of dough into a spiral.
- Flatten the spiral with your hands and pan fry it in over low heat. Flip when browned.