A recipe I created last night using elements of my godmother's alfredo and some of my favorite flavors. This recipe will serve around 6 with generous portions.
- In a large skillet, brown the butter over med-high heat. Take care not to burn the butter. Add the onion and garlic. Sauté briefly.
- Add 1 C. cream, 1/2 C. gruyère, and 1/4 C. parmesan. Let the cheese melt. Use a wisk if you have trouble incorporating the cream into the butter.
- Continue adding cream and cheese in increments until all of the cheese and cream is gone.
- Add tomato sauce and spices to the skillet. reduce heat to low and let simmer. Stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil and cook your gnocci (or pasta of choice).
- Add the gnocci to the sauce and serve.