I'm not sure if I'm doing this right (so correct me people if I'm wrong plz...)..Because I ended up with a bitter candied orange. Perhaps it's the blood orange itself ? Or perhaps there were some seeds that I missed and that's the source of the bitterness ? But I didn't mind the bitterness , so this is just perfect for me :)
1. Slice the orange thinly, and remove any seeds.
2. In a saucepan, combine the water and sugar, heat over low heat until dissolved.
3. Add in the sliced oranges, and bring the syrup to boil.
4. Continue boiling until the orange pith becomes transparent ( reduce the heat if it starts to foam and continue cooking until transparent).
5. Leave the oranges to soak in the syrup overnight.
I leave mine soaking in the syrup for storage, but you can drain it on a rack for few hours and store in airtight container. The syrup can be used for drizzling over cakes, etc.