- Combine all the ingredients (except the knuckles) into a container and mix well.
the washed pork knuckles in your container and marinate/brine for 7
days (refrigerate, flipping the knuckles once everyday).
- if 1/2 cup of wine isn't enough, just add enough water to cover half of the knuckles.
7 days, boil the knuckles (along with the marinade) in water and simmer
for 45 minutes (remove the dirty foam as it boils).
- Refrigerate the boiled knuckles for another day.
- Bake at gas mark 5 (190ºC, 375ºF) for one hour or until it's nice and crispy.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and sauerkraut.
NOTE: Osmosis is a powerful thing, so i wouldn't advise adding too much salt (which is what i did and so it turned into ham).