1. Heat up a pan or wok, put in the 1 tbsp of groundnut oil then the garlic, followed by the Chinese turnip (jicama), shrimps, chopped chives and coriander.
2. Season with the soy sauce and cook till tender and sauce reduced. Dish out and leave to cool.
3. Put half a teaspoon of the turnip and shrimp into the centre of the wonton skin, fold and tie with the lightly boiled chinese chives.
4. Heat up a small pot with 1 cup of groundnut oil until the oil is really hot. Put in the wonton and fry till golden.
5. Drain off the oil from the wonton by using kitchen paper towels and serve with sweet chili sauce if desired.