-Scallions or green onions
-Beef, pork, or chicken
It took me a long time to figure out how to make fried rice, possibly because I was an impossibly bad cook to start off with. But this recipe is tried and true and made of my own imagination. Its easy too. Enjoy!
1. Boil and prepare plain white rice;
2. Scramble 3 eggs;
3. In large pan or wok, heat vegetable oil and saute garlic gently;
4. Brown meat if you are using meat. If browning meat, add 1 tablespoon of soy sauce while you're browning the meat;
5. Add rice to hot oil and stir in about 5 tablespoons of soy sauce;
6. Fry rice for about 10 minutes, adding soy sauce as needed to taste;
7. Add cashews and fry another 3-4 minutes;
8. Add chopped scallions or green onions and fry another 2-3 minutes.