First cut the camembert into wedges then put into the fridge to firm up whilst you make the sauce.
Make the sauce first so you can serve up hot and crispy camembert.
- Combine equal parts mirin, kimchi base & raspberry jam in a small saucepan.
- Heat until all the jam is melted. Mix then reduce slightly.
- Put to the side to cool. Nobody likes sugar burns on the inside of their mouth.
Next, take care of the cheese.
- Flour the wedges, then dip in egg yolk and finally roll them in panko.
- Deep fry for 2 minutes or so, until just the golden side of golden brown.
Serve with sauce on the side. I like to serve these with a freezing cold Kirin beer in a glass from the freezerNOTES
- If you can't get your hands on panko, regular breadcrumbs work fine but the panko is really flaky and crispy and much nicer in my opinion.
- If you live in Japan, try this with that "stick cheese" you can buy in the otsumami section of a convenience store. It's entirely weird but a nce change-up.