This is a recipe by Chef Haim Cohen.
Minimal seasoning and an authentic fresh taste. To me it is an upscale comfort food.
1. Vertically slice the eggplants, salt them lightly and put aside for 30 minutes
2. Soak the tomatoes in boiling water and peel their skins
3. Slice the tomatoes, remove the seeds and juice and strain the juice.
4. Heat olive oil in a pot and add the garlic. After a minute add the tomatoes, the strained tomato juice and salt. Cover the pot and cook for about 15 minutes.
Turn off the heat and add torn basil leaves.
5. Wipe the salt off the eggplants and fry in olive oil until golden. Blot from oil and keep aside
6. Pour boiling water on Lasagna leaves and let it soften for a minute
7. Heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius
8. Oil a mold and build the lasagna in the following order:
a. Lasagna leaves
b. Tomato sauce
d. Tomato sauce
e. Ricotta cheese
f. Tomato sauce
h. Lasagna leaves
i. Tomato sauce
j. Torn Mozzarella pieces
9. Bake with an aluminum foil for 30 minutes
10. Remove the foil and bake for 5 more minutes. Take out and leave to rest until set for 10 minutes