1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Brush eggplant with olive oil and roast eggplants at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until soft.
3. Saute the garlic and shallots in 2 ounces olive oil over low heat until they are translucent and aromatic.
4. After the eggplant has cooled, remove the pulp from the skins, and place in a food processor and process until smooth.
5. Place mixture in a bowl and add remaining ingredients along with garlic and shallots. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper, and serve with pita wedges
Makes 8 servings, Difficulty: Easy