- 3 small eggplants
- 2 tablespoon of oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon of ginger, minced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 red chili pepper, chopped finely
- 1 tomato, chopped and blend
- 2 teaspoons of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- Cut each eggplant in four, lengthwise, sprinkle with salt and put in colander, about 30 minutes.
- Rinse with water, dry, brush with oil and grill 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the pan, fry onion, garlic, ginger and chili, till onion changes color.
- Add a bit of water and remaining spices, mix well, simmer 10 minutes.
- Add tomato, mix well, simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve eggplants poured with sauce with naan.