- Blanch pork in a pot of boiling water. Remove pork & pour away the water.
- Put pork back into pot & cover with water. Bring to boil & simmer for 30mins.
- Heat wok & add all the sauce ingredients except the mixed corn flour. Stir well & bring to boil.
- Reduce to medium heat, add pork & cook every side of the pork for a few mins. Remove pork (make sure drain well) & pour the remaining sauce into a small pan & set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a wok to a medium heat. Fry every side of the pork until it is well-browned & skin side is a little crispy.
- Place pork in a pot, cover with water. Add tea leaves/tea bag & simmer for another 30mins.
- Place spring onion stalks at the bottom of a steamer. Transfer pork to the steamer & steam for 2 hrs. Turn pork every one hour & replenish water as & when necessary.
- Remove pork to a serving dish topped with lettuce leaf.
- Reheat the sauce in pan & add the cornflour to thicken the liquid. Pour over the pork & garnish with ginger.
*The leftover simmer water can be used as stock.