Put in a plastic bag and shake to mix together:
- 2 TBSP oregano
- 1 TBSP salt
- 1 TBSP cayenne pepper
- 1 TBSP black pepper
- 2 TBSP powdered chicken OXO
- 2 TBSP garlic powder
- 2 TBSP onion powder
- 4 TBSP paprika
- 2 LBS medium, ground beef & 2 LBS of medium ground pork
Make ahead and let cool before using.
Mix and then microwave for 1 minute:
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- Diced tomatoes & onions
- Shredded lettuce
Knead the spices into the meat like you would for making bread. The meat is mixed enough when there are fat deposits on the sides of your bowl.
Bake at 450ºF for 45 minutes
- The inside is still rare so it isn't dried out when you refry the slices.
- Don’t drain off the fat. You will need it for frying later.
- Cover with foil and let it rest so the juices will stay in the meat.
- Slice the meat very thinly.
- Fry your slices in the donair fat.
After the meat slices are fried:
- Dip a pita bread slice into warm water
- Then fry in the donair fat
- Pita slice