1) 250g glutinous rice flour, sifted
2) 125g sweet potato, steamed and mashed
3) 35g castor sugar
4) Pinch of salt
5) 140ml hot water
6) 60g sesame seeds – roasted
1) 80 gram palm sugar or brown sugar
2) 40 ml plain water
3) 200 gram granted coconut, skin removed
4) 1/3 tsp salt
5) 2 tsp sifted glutinous rice flour
1) Cook palm sugar with water till palm sugar dissolves.
2) Add grated coconut and salt, stir-fry till mixture is fairly dry.
3) Remove and set aside.
For the dough;
1) Put sifted glutinous rice flour into a mixing bowl. Stir in salt and sugar. Add in mashed sweet potato to mix. Pour in hot water and mix with a wooden spoon until well blended.
2) Knead the dough lightly until it is firm, smooth and pliable but not sticky to the touch.
3) Roll dough into a long fat sausage shape and cut into 12–14 equal sized portions. Shape each portion into a ball. Wet the palms of your hands. Roll the balls and make a hole in center, put in sugar palm then roll again before roll in sesame seeds.
4) Heat oil over a medium heat and deep-fry the balls in batches of 3–4 pieces at a time for 4–5 minutes or until the sesame seeds turn golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain well on absorbent kitchen paper.