- 1 tbsp Caster sugar
- 200g Dark eating chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup Hot water
- 1 tsp Dry instant coffee
- 4 Eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup Caster sugar, extra
- 300ml Thickened cream
- 120g Raspberries or any berries of your liking even banana
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a swiss roll pan. Line base with baking paper.
- Place a piece of baking paper, cut same size as swiss roll pan, on the bench and sprinkle evenly with caster sugar.
- Combine chocolate, hot water and coffee in a medium heatproof bowl. Stir over a medium saucepan of simmering water until smooth, remove from heat.
- Beat egg yolks and extra sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer for about 5 minutes or until thick and creamy, fold egg mixture into warm chocolate.
- Beat egg whites in a clean bowl with the mixer till soft peak form. Gently fold whites into chocolate mixture, in two batches. Spread mixture to pan.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- turn cake out to sugared paper, peeling off the baking paper away: use serrated knife to cut away crisp edges from all sides. Cover with tea towel ; cool.
- Beat cream until firm peaks form. Spread cake evenly ; sprinkle evenly the berries, roll cake, from long side to a log shape. Cover roll in refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.