Many Koreans eat this for New Years. Here is my spin on the comfort classic.
- You may soak your ricecakes overnight or you can boil them in hot water and drain. You may do this as well with the seaweed, but chop it up afterwards.
- Make your stock with the 5 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Add your sesame oil and soy sauce.
- Add the dumplings and rice cake. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the beaten egg, slowly stirring with chopsticks to make threads like in egg drop soup.
- Add the seaweed and mushrooms.
- Lastly, add the green onion and simmer.
- Serve immediately.