Dark chocolate pudding:
- Melt the chocolate in a saucepan. You can use a double boiler if you want. I just melted the chocolate over low heat because I'm a lazy person :p
- Turn off the heat. Mix in the milk, liquid whipping cream, agar agar powder, cocoa powder, sugar, and dissolved egg yolks. Stir until it's well blended
- Cook over low heat while keep stirring. Cook until all the chocolate and sugar are melted
- Turn up the heat and cook until it boils (it's important to let the mixture to boil. And don't forget to KEEP STIRRING)
- After it boils, turn off the heat, and pour the chocolate agar mixture into a mould (usually people use tin moulds. Or you can just pour it into a porcelain dish like I did. It's easier because when it's done you just have to scoop it with a spoon, you don't have to flip it out. But of course it would be prettier using a mould ^.^)
- Let it cool off. Refrigerate for about 30 min-1 hour to let it firmed
The vanilla cream:
- In a saucepan, mix in the milk, liquid whipping cream, dissolved egg yolk, sugar, vanilla sugar, and salt.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat while keep stirring
- After it's heated enough, pour the dissolved cornstarch in slowly (and keep stirring while you pour it so it'll blend well). If you've reached the consistency you want you can ditch the rest of the cornstarch (personally I don't like it to be too thick :) ..Just adjust it according to your taste)
- Cook until it boils
- Turn off the heat and set it aside. Let it cool off.
You might like to avoid the cream to have that some kind of "skin" formed on top of it while it cool off. Stir the cream lightly until it's cooled a bit.
Pour the cream onto the firmed chocolate pudding. Refrigerate for about 1 hour. Garnish with shredded dark chocolate before serving
Enjooooyy! It's perfect for a hot hot day :)
I love this agar agar powder. Yaaay lucky it's available here in Barça! :)