- 2 tbsp oil
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, julienned
- Leaves of 1 small sprig rosemary
- 1 potato, diced (1cm)
- ¼ carrot, diced (1cm)
- 2 tsp curry powder, or to taste
- ¼ tsp salt, or to taste
- ¼ tsp black pepper, or to taste
- ¼ cup water (or stock)
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan. Fry the onions for 1 minute on medium heat until fragrant. Add the garlic and rosemary, fry for another minute.
- Add the potatoes and carrots, and season with curry powder, salt and pepper. Stir to mix well.
- Push to spread the potatoes and carrots in a single layer on the pan. Add the water and place a lid over the pan.
- Leave for 5 minutes or until the liquid completely evaporates, stirring once or twice in the process.
- Add the butter and leave to cook covered for another 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the chives and remove from heat. Serve with an extra sprinkling of chives.