This is perfect to fill in small gift bags to give away for friends and relatives, plus it's really easy. This is a modification of one of Nigella's recipes. I once watched one of her shows where the theme was chocolate. Well, being a chocolate lover myself I was really eager to try the recipe immediately. One of the things that excites me about the recipe was that she added Mars chocolate bar for 'the extra gooey feeling', I thought "Wow, nice description" LOL. The difference is that she used bittersweet chocolate chips.
When I was in France I found the Lindt Dessert 85% Cacao. Once I've tried it I fell in love immediately LOL. I've also tried chocolate bars with 100% pasta de cacao here in Spain, I made some chocolate pudding with it. Hmmm..I don't know, but I prefer Lindt's. I think it's richer in terms of the aroma I guess? Here I've only found Lindt dessert with 70% cacao, but it's good enough. You can also ditch the milk chocolate bar if you don't like it.
So here it goes:
- Melt the chocolates, butter, and Mars bar in a double boiler
- Stir it until it's well-blended
- In a bowl, combine the crushed cornflakes, chopped pecans, and the chocolate mixture. Mix it well
- Scoop the mixture in to small paper cups.
- Sprinkle with some chopped roasted pecans
- Refrigerate for about 15-30 min.
You can add any combinations to your liking. Dried fruits, walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, pine nuts, rice cereals, anything it's endless. Enjoy and have fun! ^_^