Makes about 35:
- 250g shortcrust pastry, at room temperature
- 30g fresh basil
- 15g pine nuts
- 15g grated parmesan
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 75g mascarpone
- 60g sundried tomatoes
- 25g dried cranberries
- To make the pesto, blend the nuts, basil, garlic and oil. Add the parmesan and pulse to mix.
- Roll out the pastry into a long oblong shape.
- Spread the mascarpone, then scatter over the tomatoes and cranberries evenly.
- Carefully spread the pesto over the top, then roll up the pastry from the long edge into a swiss roll shape. Wrap in clingfilm and stick in the freezer for half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C. Slice the pastry roll into thin slices and place on a baking tray.
- Loosely cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes until crisp.