I love eggplants, and this recipe is versatile. You can add and adjust flavours, and add more or less veggies if you like.
Even my picky-eater little brother liked it!
- Take your beef slices and combine the garlic, white pepper, black pepper, salt and some potato starch in a container. Mix well and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Boil a small pot of salted water, putting the aubergines in. Let it cook in the pot to soften. Remove afterwards and set aside.
- In a big heated wok, put oil. Add the onions and mushrooms.
- Add the other vegetables and beef.
- Stirfry until the vegetables are relatively cooked.
- Add more potato starch in the mixture, then add the chicken broth.
- Add the soy sauce, salt and pepper (if desired) and keep cooking.
- Add red pepper flakes and chopped green onions.
- Serve with corinader generously on top. Serve with white, brown rice or egg/rice noodles. Enjoy.
To make it vegetarian omit the beef and put tofu, and replace broth with water or veggie broth.