When I made the Fruit Tart, I got some leftover tart dough. So instead of wasting it, managed to get some cookie sandwiches ^_^
The shortbread is kinda bitter on its own, so the sweet white chocolate ganache helps !
To make the shortbread :
1. In a food processor, combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar and salt. Blitz to combine
2. Cut the chilled butter (important, the butter must be cold ) into small cubes and add into the food processor. Pulse until it starts to look like cookie crumbles.
3. Whisk the egg and ice water slightly , and add to the food processor. Pulse again until it start to clump.
4. Take the "dough" out and work with your hands until they come together .
5. Wrap the dough in cling wrap and let rest in the fridge for at least 30minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 180 C.
7. Roll out the rested dough into about 1/2cm thickness (Tip : instead of using flour to roll out the dough, use cling wrap, this will prevent the dough becomes dry because of the excess flour. Place the dough on a sheet of cling wrap , then place another sheet on top, then happy rolling !)
8. Cut the dough into any shapes you like.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 - 12 minutes.
10. Let cool before sandwiching them with ganache.
To make ganache :
- In a bowl, add the chocolate and cream, and heat over boiling water until smooth.