- 280 g flour
- 1/2 ts (= tea spoon) salt
- 1/2 ts baking soda
- 2 ts (unsweetened) cocoa -3 ts finely ground espresso (no instant coffee)
- 240 ml boiling hot water
- 1 ts natron
- 200 g pitted dates (flour them a little bit - so they won't be so gluey anymore)
- 75 g sultanas
- 165 g walnuts
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 80 ml vegetable oil
- 200 g sugar
- 1 ts sirup
- 250 g white chocolate
- 340 g (Philadelphia)-cream cheese
- 125 g soft butter
- 1 ts lemon juice
Have this recipe from a book. I thought that it sounds just great and so I tried it. It's really good and perfect for a cup of coffee!
Next time I will take berry in place of dates.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C(circulating air oven). Take a cake pan (30cm x 11cm x 7.5cm), grease and flour it.
2. Mix all the "dry ingredients".
3. Give the natron into the boiling hot water. If you chopped the dates give them also into the water. Cool down.
4. Give the sultanas and walnuts in a bowl.
5. Stir the eggs and oil with a eggbeater. Then add the sugar and sirup.
6. Stir the dates mix under the eggmix with care.
7. Now you can add the dry ingredients to this bowl. Then the walnuts and sultanas. Mix all with a scraper. (not with an electric-mixer)
8. Bake it for circa 60 min. After 60 min: make the test. Put a knife into the cake! If it's creamy - bake it for a couple of minutes. If the knife is still cleanly - your cake is perfect! :) Wait 10 min. till you take the cake out of the cake pan.
9. If the cake is cooled down you can spread it with the White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting (see below).
White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting:
1. Melt the white chocolate. Mix the cold cream cheese in a bowl.
2. Add the hot chocolate in 3 "verves". Mix it good.
3. Add the butter and lemon juice slowly.
4. If the cake is cooled down - spread the frosting on it.