# MAKES 12 to 16#
- 3/4 cup milk or cream
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 3-1/4 cups flour, all-purpose or bread flour (i use bread flour)
- 1 (0.25 ounce) package instant yeast
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tbsp margarine or butter, softened
- 1/3 cup raisins (optional)
#MY FIRST HOMEMADE BREAD ITEM#
after making cakes, cookies and turnovers... finally, i challenge to make BREAD. i chose this item i think it's easy for me to make: Cinnamon Rolls. :) usually the mix liquid is milk, but i only have half-n-half in my frig, i image that will give the rolls richer taste, and the result is fantastic~
1. Heat the milk or cream in a small saucepan until it bubbles, then remove from heat. Mix in margarine; stir until melted. Let cool until lukewarm.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 1/4 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt; mix well. Add water, egg and the milk mixture; beat well. Add the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition. When the dough has just pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes.
3. Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, cinnamon, softened margarine.
4. Roll out the dough into a 12x9 inch rectangle. Spread dough with margarine/sugar mixture. Sprinkle with raisins if desired. Roll up dough and pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 equal size rolls and place cut side up in 12 lightly greased muffin cups. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Bake for 20 minutes, or until browned. Remove from muffin cups to cool. Serve warm.