- 5 large, just ripe avocados
- juice from 2 small limes
- 2 cups corn kernels
- a large handful of minced white onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- your favorite tortilla chips!
This guacamole is awesome, if a little wet. If you're serving it at a party, be sure to give it a good stir every once in a while. That way you bring some fresh lime juice up to the top and it makes it oh so good.
Cherry/grape tomatoes are nice to use because they are sweet and not as juicy as regular tomatoes. I like to used frozen corn kernels (if corn on the cob is out of season). Make sure you boil them, drain them and let them cool/dry a bit.
1. Cut up the avocados.
2. Immediately pour the fresh lime juice all over them to prevent oxidization. (Leaving the pits in also prevents browning, but remember to remove them later.)
3. Pour all the other ingredients in a large bowl and sprinkle your sugar and salt all over.
4. Stir well and serve! Scoop shaped or thicker tortillas are the best for this heavy, chunky guacamole. :)
NOTE: Definitely add a handful of chopped cilantro if you swing that way. (Unfortunately, I'm not a fan.)