- 450 g tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- 200 g peppers (green or red)
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 clove garlic
- Couple of sprigs of fresh coriander
- 50 g stale white bread, soaked in some water
- 1/2 onion (white or yellow)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Ice cold water
- Sea salt, black pepper and freshly squeezed lime juice to taste
I just love gazpacho, especially on hot summer days. It's also the perfect way to get more healthy veggies into your diet.
1) Mix all the ingredients together in a blender, adding water till adequate thickness is aquired. Season to taste with S&P and lime juice.
2) Serve with finely chopped veggies of choice (tomatoes, peppers, cucumber, avocado, zuccini....) and some fried bread croutons (best home made - cut up some bread and fry in butter+olive oil on a hot pan and sprinkle with salt). Note that multi-grain bread is just as good as french bread to make croutons.
Hard boiled eggs also go well with the soup if you want more substance.