1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup caramel bits
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons peanut butter
1 teaspoon milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Butter a 9”x9” pan and lay in parchment paper, so that there is at least an inch of over hang (handles, if you will) on both sides. (If necessary, layer two pieces of parchment over each other in a cross pattern, so that there is enough paper hanging off each side. Use scissors to cut off any extra paper.) Spray the parchment paper with floured baking spray. Set aside.
2. Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl. Add sugar, whisking until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and keep on whisking.
3. Using a heavy spoon, stir in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt until just incorporated. Finally, add the caramel bits.
4. Pour into the prepared pan and spread evenly to all sides. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes or until the blondies bounce back upon touch. Allow to cool at least an hour, but do not remove from the pan.
5. Once blondies have cooled, melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Plop in peanut butter and stir to combine. Spread over blondies. Carefully lift blondies out of tray by the parchment paper handles and cut.