- Juice and zest of 2 oranges + extra orange rind shreds for decoration if desired
- 25g unsweetened cocoa
- 150g plain flour
- 150g sugar
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Half tsp nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 100g Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tbsp dark rum
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 100g dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 50g butter
- 50 icing sugar, sieved
- Sieve the flour, soda and powder into a large mixing bowl, with the sugar, spices and cocoa powder.
- In a separate bowl, mix the orange juice with the yogurt, rum and vanilla until smooth.
- Slowly mix the wet mixture into the dry. Stir in half the zest. Do not overmix!
- Spoon into a lined muffin tray and bake at 200 degrees C for about 20-25 minutes until you can pull a toothpick out clean.
- Meanwhile, gently melt the chocolate and butter in a wide pan. Take off the heat and quickly mix in the sugar and remaining zest.
- Spoon onto the top of each cake, and add some extra orange rind on top if desired.
- Allow chocolate icing to cool before serving.