Chocoholic Cookies - superbly rich & yum!
(recipe makes 24 large cookies)
- 1/2 cup (125gr) unsalted butter
- 6oz (170g) dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup (250ml)plain flour ( I use low gluten Spelt flour)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dark brown sugar (good for you as it is high in molasses and low on refining)
- 5oz (125g) 70% or more dark chocolate bar (Lindt,Cadbury or couvature)
- 1/2 tsp (2.5ml) bicarb soda
- 1/4 tsp ( 1.25ml) of sea salt
- 1/4 cup ( 125ml) caster sugar
- 1 1/4 cups ( 310ml) Rolled oats
- 1 egg at room temp
- 1/2 tsp (2.5ml)baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2.5ml) vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup (95m)l unsalted chopped nuts (peanuts,almonds,walnuts,macadamia)
1. blend oatmeal to a fine powder in a blender
2. cream butter and sugars
3. add egg and vanilla and mix to flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder & bicarb soda
4. add chocolate, nuts and choc chips to mix
5. roll into 1.5 inch 40mm balls and place on greased biscuit tray about 1.5inches apart (5cm).
6. bake in a moderate oven (180C or 375F) for 10 minutes
7. when baked cookies will be soft, so let them rest to cool on tray for 10-15 mins before storing, when completely cool store in air tight jar, good to store for several weeks.
Delicious energy snacks and comfort food