150 g dark chocolate
- 150 g slightly salted butter
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 150 g soft brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 125 g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 50 g milk chocolate bits
- 50 g chopped nuts of your choice (hazel, walnut or pecan)
- Milk chocolate and white chocolate bits
- Chocolate Sauce
- Grease a 12-hole muffin tray or line with cake cases
- Melt dark chocolate and butter in a bowl over boiling water until dissolved then add cocoa power, stir until dissolved, set aside
- Cream together eggs and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add chocolate mix and mix well.
- Fold in sifted flour and baking powder. mix well
- Add milk chocolate bits and nuts, mix well
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases
- Bake in the oven at 190c until cooked through, about 18 minutes.
- Turn out onto a rack to cool.
- Decorate with milk chocolate and white chocolate bits
To serve (optional)
- Make chocolate sauce by melting dark chocolate in a low heat with a bit of butter and milk
- Serve with icecream