A chocolate cake with mashed banana bits, layered with chocolate ganache and sliced bananas, and covered with more chocolate ganache. A chocolate-banana lover's dream come true, this sure is.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Whisk cake flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt together. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, mashed bananas, water, milk, oil and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and stir until just combined.
- Bake at 180C for 35-40mins.
- Cool the cake completely and cut into two layers. Place both layers cut-side up and spread whipped chocolate ganache filling over the layers. On one layer, arrange rings of banana slices onto the layer (I used two medium-sized bananas). Sandwich the layers together and frost the whole cake with a chocolate ganache coating.
- Forget the diet, and don’t limit yourself to eating one slice.