1. Whip the egg and add water and salt. (If you intend to use dried Chinese mushroom, you need to first soak the mushroom in hot water. You can then use the stock here instead of water)
2. Add the other ingredients like ham etc.
3. Place into the cowl you wish to serve in and lightly sprinkle 2/3 of the spring onion on top.
4. Cover bowl with cling film.
5. Place into a steamer and close lid. ( You can make your own steamer by simply adding some water into a wok and raise the bowl above the water by using a small wire rack. If you do this, don’t close the wok lid fully... leave a small gap )
6. Gently steam for 12-15 min (time varies greatly!). You can open the lid and check if the egg is cooked by making sure the egg doesn't wobble like jelly when you gently shake it.
7. Sprinkle rest of the spring onion on top just before serving! Enjoy!
**The salt required for this dish varies as it can depend on what other ingredients you use. After you made a few, you will get a feel for it.**