- 5 small-medium crabs
- 1 clove garlic
- few slices of ginger
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 packet of instant chilli crab paste
- 1 tbsp corn starch, mixed with 1 tbsp
- 4 small buns, deep fried until golden brown
- chinese parsley for garnishing
So this is what we had for dinner. Yummy! I could have taken a better shot for this but all of us were so hungry and I couldn't bing myself to tell D2's family give me 15 minutes. Usually D2's family will chit chat when they're having dinner together but tonight they all were so quiet. Know why? Everyone was busy eating the chilli crab! LOL.
This is actually a very simple dish. But the difficult part is - how do you kill the crab?
1. Kill crabs. Wash and scrub to clean, remove gills & intestines. Cut and set aside.
2. Smash pincers with the back of knife. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in wok, stir fry garlic and ginger until fragrant.
4. Fry crabs for few minutes.
5. Pour chilli crab paste into wok and stir fry crabs until almost cooked.
6. Pour some water into wok, followed by beaten egg bit by bit.
7. Add corn starch to thicken gravy, simmer for 2 minutes or so.
8. Garnish with parsley and serve hot with small buns.